- This event has passed.
Milford Porchfest 2021
October 2, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
***Some locations and times have changed 10/1/21, please utilize the GPS link below to ensure your performer is still scheduled when you plan to arrive as the GPS link is what will be updated throughout the day.***
Free to ride! https://elmcitypartybike.com/
Check out our LIVE Interactive GPS Map with musicians and host locations (New 9/30/21)Link for GPS Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1IK93Zf8m8imeQqVVbGbxZuEqf-1hFv7l&usp=sharing
CHECK OUT OUR FAQ SECTION BELOW
- We are grateful to the performers and hosts for donating their time and homes for this event!
- Don’t forget your lawn chairs or wagons. You can walk, bike, or drive to any of the locations on the map, find a place on the lawn and enjoy the music!
- Volunteers in tan colored “CREW” T-shirts will be available throughout the neighborhoods to answer questions.
- Carry out what you carry in – if you bring food, snacks, or drinks out for the day, please dispose of them properly or carry them home with you.
- As you visit each porch and performance, please watch out for gardens and plantings in front of homes – plan to sit or stand on lawns, walkways, and sidewalks.
- Please avoid standing in the street as traffic is not blocked off during this event.
Here are some additional FAQs:
WHAT MUSIC WILL BE PERFORMED AT PORCHFEST?
We have over 90 bands and solo artists of all ages who will be performing various genres including: folk, jazz, rock, blues, reggae, Bluegrass and pop.
WHERE IS PORCHFEST LOCATED?
There are multiple porches hosting artists for Porchfest throughout Milford. You can also view the map of musicians and homes here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1IK93Zf8m8imeQqVVbGbxZuEqf-1hFv7l&usp=sharing Please note that all musicians and locations are subject to change. The most current place to find day-of updates on musicians and locations is to visit our digital interactive map (posted here) starting 9/30/21.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I’M DOING?
Sit back and relax. Catch up with some of your neighbors. Meet new ones. Here are a few suggestions to help you enjoy the day:
- Pack a picnic
- Fill up your reusable water bottles
- Bring a lightweight chair or blanket to sit on
- Avoid driving if possible: walk, bike, or cart your way around the festival
- Bring sunscreen or a hat, whatever is needed for an afternoon outdoors
- Afterwards, enjoy dinner/drinks at one of our fine establishments downtown
SHOULD I WALK, PARK, DRIVE?
This event is designed for walking or biking. If you need to drive, please practice safe driving, find a convenient parking spot and walk from there. Please adhere to posted signs in parking lots that prohibit non-customer parking.
WHERE CAN I FIND A BATHROOM?
Porta-johns will be located in most neighborhoods and the general area is noted on the GPS calendar.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
Porchfest will take place rain or shine so plan ahead and dress appropriately.
WHERE CAN I FIND FOOD?
Some neighborhoods will have food trucks sponsored by homeowners, other neighborhoods are within walking distance of our great local restaurants, deli’s and cafes.
IS THIS A CHILD-FRIENDLY EVENT?
Yes! People of all ages are encouraged to attend Porchfest. Visit participating porches at your own pace. Feel free to bring strollers, blankets, wagons and chairs.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE PORCHFEST MERCHANDISE?
Pre-order your merch before it runs out and support the arts in our community during this feel-good event. Proceeds to benefit Milford Arts Council, the MAC Link to order: https://bit.ly/milford-porchfest
HOW CAN I MAKE SURE THIS EVENT KEEPS GOING?
Remain responsible and please respect our musicians and homeowners. You are responsible for your own behavior, safety and welfare at Porchfest. Everyone remains individually responsible to conduct themselves under civil regulations of law and order. However, we have a few rules to help everyone enjoy themselves and maintain a safe environment for all:
- Pack it in, pack it out: please only leave footprints and take only pictures
- Follow all city ordinances in place
- Stay out of the city streets and remain safe, using all sidewalks and crosswalks
- Remember that the porches are actual homesteads: be respectful of our host’s property
Follow our Facebook Page for updates here: https://www.facebook.com/milfordporchfest
Follow the Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1035048910566793
Musicians/Hosts Request Private Facebook Group Access Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2865746890314434
For questions about Milford Porchfest email email@example.com for Cassandra Schull, Porchfest Chair.